me 2 bb
“I am so smart I know what is wrong with the world… Are you ready for this?
‘An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth.’”
— Kurt Vonnegut, If This Isn’t Nice, What Is?: Advice to the Young
Vincent van Gogh, Le Moulin de la Galette:
[1886, oil on canvas, 55 x 38.5 cm, Private Collection], [1886, oil on canvas, 38.5 x 46 cm, Kröller-Müller Museum, Otterlo], [1886, oil on canvas, 61 x 50 cm, Museo Nacional de Bellas Artes, Buenos Aires], [1887, oil on canvas, 46 x 38 cm, Museum of Art, Carnegie Institute, Pittsburgh] (1, 2, 3, 4)
This is only a selection of the many paintings executed by Van Gogh depicting the famous Moulin de la Galette windmill, located near the Montmartre apartment the artist shared with his brother, Theo. The styles here are really quite different; it’s hard to believe all four paintings are by the same artist!
Right now, 500 light years away from Earth, there’s a planet that looks a lot like our own. It is bathed in dim orangeish light, which at high noon is only as bright as the golden hour before sunset back home.
NASA scientists are calling the planet Kepler-186f, and it’s unlike anything they’ve found. The big news: Kepler-186f is the closest relative to the Earth that researchers have discovered.
It’s the first Earth-sized planet in the habitable zone of another star—the sweet spot between too-hot Mercury-like planets and too-cold Neptunes— and it is likely to give scientists their first real opportunity to seek life elsewhere in the universe. “It’s no longer in the realm of science fiction,” said Elisa Quintana, a researcher at the SETI Institute.
But if there is indeed life on Kepler-186f, it may not look like what we have here. Given the redder wavelengths of light on the planet, vegetation there would sprout in hues of yellow and orange instead of green.
Read more. [Image: NASA Ames/SETI Institute/JPL-Caltech]
have a gif of Simon doing the death wiggle <3
A true warrior.
I can’t believe he defeated Mr.Incredible
I love how he fuckin fuckin STOMPS on Fred Flintstone
Slow Motion: Camera Flash Bulb Shot at 1052 FPS
that’s the most beautiful thing i’ve ever seen
if this does prove that we are all made up of stars then go away because look at the mini galaxy in the fucking bulb
And Stephen Colbert’s Replacement is… Sherman Alexie?
The big news in television is that Stephen Colbert will succeed David Letterman as host of The Late Show. It’s a huge step for Colbert, CBS, and for popular culture.
MUTUALIZES MACBOOK GIVEAWAY
As you all know, i host a lot of giveaways and my last two recently ended. If you want proof that they were legit go here. This macbook was originally going to be given away a few months ago but i changed blogs and kinda forgot about it as i had other giveaways running. I am hoping to make one lucky person happy by giving this away. And I hope this makes 2014 the best year of their life. Our family is pretty well off so none of us need to sell it for money. It was mine for a while and is in great condition and will be reformatted so nothing is on it. :)
Here’s how this will work:
- You have to be following me. I am checking who is following, and the winner will be re-drawn if they aren’t following me. I am a quality blog that you’ll love anyway, so dont worry
- Likes do not count for anything, only reblogs will count. You can reblog this as many times as you’d like. Do not create any extra blogs. you can also like the post as a bookmark, but likes will not be counted.
- Winner will be chosen like as if it were a raffle drawing. And will be contacted via tumblr messages, so make sure that you have that on/open.
- You have until May 20th, 2014 (australian date) to reblog this post. A winner will be chosen using a generator and then I will message them. If the winner doesnt reply within a week then I will choose different. I will post their URL on my blog too
- This giveaway will be shipped to anywhere in the world, I will be paying for shipping so don’t worry guys. Good luck!
- MacBook pro
- Original box
- Charger cable
- keyboard cover (blue)
- 32gb USB stick
Ends on May 20th, 2014 (australian date)
—- REMEMBER, you must follow ME for your entry to count. —-
And also, if you’d like to learn how to make some extra cash by testing out apps on your smartphone, click here and read the post. It will make you happy even if you dont win xx
Good luck and stay lovely!
gf: babe come over
me (a lawnmower) : no i cant im cutting the grass and you live in the sky
gf: my parents are out